Raise a glass to the flavours of Spain
The Spanish Tourist Office (STO) is celebrating this year’s World #TapasDay on Thursday 15th June, with a week-long Spanish Tapas Tour extravaganza and a competition to win a gastronomic trip for two to the Andalusian tapas capital of Granada.
In partnership with the Spanish Chamber of Commerce and 18 Spanish restaurants in London, the Spanish Tapas Tour Week will run from Monday 12 to Sunday 18 June, with participating restaurants offering an exclusive tapa-and-drink offer for only £7.50.
With each establishment offering a different Tapa throughout the week-long promotion, including a glass of wine, beer or soft drink, Londoners (and visitors to the capital) are in for a real treat this June:
- Arbina, W1: ‘Tazacorte’ – Octopus ink tempura on a bed of Galician sand and plankton
- Barrica, W1: Aubergine, Jamón & Manchego ‘lasagne’ with an almond vinaigrette
- Boqueria (both branches): Suckling pig, aubergine torrija, quince and blood orange
- Brindisa (all five branches): Smoked anchovies, mojo borage, Crostini
- Copita, W1: Sardines & beetroot-pickled egg with capers, membrillo & a black olive puree
- Drakes Tabanco, W1: Presa Ibérica with Café de Paris butter
- Hispania, EC3: Salmorejo with flavours of the sea
- Ibérica (all four London branches): Baby Carrot Tempura with homemade tartare sauce
- Sagardi, EC2: ‘Roxario’ – ciderhouse-style salted cod omelette
- Tapas Revolution Shoreditch, E1: Ham croquettes
To qualify for the offer, customers will simply need to present a specially designed ‘Tapas Tour Passport’, available at any of the participating restaurants or via download from the official Spanish Tourist Board website at www.spain.info/en_GB/tapas-day
Restaurants will stamp the passport with their logo after the first tapa-and-drink purchase. All diners who have acquired four or more different stamps and have voted for their favourite Tapa (a short form will be included in the Tapas Tour Passport) once Tapas Tour Week is over will enter a draw to win the prize of a tapas trip for two to Granada.
Further World #TapasDay celebrations will be taking place at this summer’s Taste of London Festival, running in tandem with the Tapas Tour event, from 14-18 June. Here, visitors will have the opportunity to enjoy delicious complimentary ‘Pintxos’ (the Tapas of northern Spain), courtesy of the Spanish Tourist Office and Basque Country Tourism.
For more information on World #TapasDay, the Spanish Tapas Tour, to download the ‘passport’, or to review T&Cs for the promotion and competition, visit www.spain.info/en_GB/tapas-day